Please click here to see general Music & Entertainment Industry Studies information.
Music is a rapidly evolving field that requires practitioners to have a broad understanding of the main functional areas and intimate knowledge of the creation and operation of music organizations. The music industry studies minor provides students with a strong foundation in the functional operations of the music industry. At the completion of the minor, students will have an in-depth knowledge of music marketing, artist management, concert promotion and music publishing.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- To declare this minor, please see College of Arts & Media Advising and Student Services in Arts Building, 177. Consult the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for more information.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students may transfer up to six semester hours of non-CU Denver courses toward a College of Arts & Media minor. All other courses must be taken at CU Denver.
- A minimum grade of C (2.0) is required for each course applied toward a College of Arts & Media major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of C- (1.7) or lower will not fulfill a major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of P is acceptable for courses in which the only grade available is Pass or Fail.
- Students may use up to six semester hours to fulfill both major and minor requirements; the remaining semester hours for the minor must be taken in addition to the major requirements. Contact the Music Department at MEIS.Dept@ucdenver.edu for more information on the minor.
|Take all of the following Music Industry Studies Minor courses (15 semester hours/5 courses total):|
|MUSC 2750||Introduction to Music Business||3|
|MUSC 3250||Music and Entertainment Marketing||3|
|MUSC 3260||Artist Management||3|
|MUSC 3699||Concert Promotion and Venue Management||3|
|MUSC 3760||Music Publishing||3|
There is a recommended sequence for the Music Industry Studies course work. Please contact the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for course sequencing and any prerequisite updates.