Digital Design Minor
Please click here to see general Visual Arts information.
The digital design minor integrates creative thinking with experience using digital applications in the production of graphic design and motion graphics. Configured as an interdisciplinary arts and design laboratory, this minor offers a practical understanding of how digital technology can be applied to help solve human, social and business problems.
- This is an on-campus program
Declaring This Minor
- Students who are declaring a Digital Design minor must complete two introductory Digital Design courses with a grade of C or better, as descried below. Students who meet the requirements will be eligible to register for certain upper-division studio Digital Design courses.
The student has completed, or is in the process of completing, the following courses with a grade of C (2.0) or better in each:
|FINE 2405||Introduction to Digital Design 1||3|
|FINE 2415||Typography Studio 1||3|
Offered typically only in the fall term at CU Denver
- For general inquiries see the Digital design Program page here.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- All courses for this minor must be taken at CU Denver unless approved otherwise by the digital design faculty advisor.
- A minimum grade of C (2.0) is required for each course applied toward a College of Arts & Media major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of C- (1.7) or lower will not fulfill a major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of S is acceptable only for courses in which the grading basis is S/U. No more than 6 semester hours of P+/P/F is allowed in any given semester. No more than 12 semester hours may be elected as P+/P/F toward the degree.
- Students may use up to six semester hours to fulfill both major and minor requirements; the remaining semester hours for the minor must be taken in addition to major requirements.
|Required Courses (Entry Level)|
|Take all of the following Digital Design Minor courses (entry level):|
|FINE 2405||Introduction to Digital Design||3|
|FINE 2415||Typography Studio||3|
|Take all of the following Digital Design Minor courses (available only to students after declaring):|
|FINE 3414||Motion Design I||3|
|FINE 3415||Design Studio I||3|
|FINE 3424||Interactive Media||3|
|FINE 3434||3D Motion Design||3|
|FINE 4600||History of Modern Design:Industrial Revolution-Present||3|
Please contact the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for course sequencing, any prerequisite updates and more information about this minor.