Please click here to see Mathematical and Statistical Sciences department information.
These program requirements are subject to periodic revision by the academic department, and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences reserves the right to make exceptions and substitutions as judged necessary in individual cases. Therefore, the College strongly urges students to consult regularly with their major, minor and CLAS advisors to confirm the best plans of study before finalizing them.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- Please see your advisor.
- Click here to go to information about declaring a major/minor.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students must complete a minimum of 21 MATH credit hours.
- Students must complete a minimum of nine upper-division (3000-level and above) MATH credit hours.
- Students must earn a minimum grade of C- (1.7) in all courses that apply to the minor and must achieve a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0. All graded attempts in required and elective courses are calculated in the minor GPA. Courses taken using P+/P/F or S/U grading cannot apply to minor requirements.
- Students must complete a minimum six MATH upper-division level credit hours with CU Denver faculty.
Program Restrictions, Allowances and Recommendations
- Be aware of no co-credit policies. Here is a non-exclusive list of our most common no co-credit policies: no co-credit between
- MATH 3800 Probability and Statistics for Engineers and MATH 3810 Introduction to Probability,
- MATH 3195 Linear Algebra and Differential Equations and MATH 3200 Elementary Differential Equations,
- MATH 3191 Applied Linear Algebra and MATH 3195 Linear Algebra and Differential Equations,
- MATH 4387 Applied Regression Analysis and MATH 4830 Applied Statistics.
- For slash-listed courses:
- MATH 3440 Introduction to Symbolic Logic/PHIL 3440 Introduction to Symbolic Logic.
- MATH 4408 Applied Graph Theory/CSCI 4408 Applied Graph Theory,
- MATH 4650 Numerical Analysis I/CSCI 4650 Numerical Analysis I, and
- MATH 4660 Numerical Analysis II/CSCI 4660 Numerical Analysis II, one can take either the MATH section or the slash-listed section of the course. Either one count towards the minor in MATH.
|Complete the following program requirements:|
|Complete all of the following required courses:||12|
|Complete three upper-division level (3000 level or higher) MATH courses worth three or more credit hours each.||9|
To learn more about the Student Learning Outcomes for this program, please visit our website.