Marvin Lynn, Dean and Professor
antwan jefferson, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Barbara Seidl, Teacher Education and Undergraduate Experiences
Scott Bauer, Advanced Education and Doctoral Programs
Patricia Ball, Finance and HR
Brad Hinson, Information & Academic Technology
Sandy Mondragon, Student Success and Enrollment Management
Other Administrative Leadership
Dorothy Garrison-Wade, Faculty Affairs
Office of Admissions & Outreach
1380 Lawrence Street Center, Suite 701
School of Education & Human Development
P.O. Box 173364, Campus Box 106
Denver, CO 80217-3364
The School of Education & Human Development is a vibrant community of practicing educators and counselors, educational leaders and researchers who have a strong service ethic locally, nationally and globally and a dedication to excellence.
Leadership for Educational Equity
Prepare and inspire education and mental health leaders to have a profound impact in fostering student opportunity, achievement and success in urban and diverse communities.
A leading school of education providing national expertise on educational issues and socially-just solutions for urban and diverse communities. Through innovative research and partnerships, we strive to be passionate agents of change, inspiring upcoming generations to learn from the past and shape the future.
Our Role in the Community
We are committed to developing forward-thinking educators and counselors who have a deep sense of inquiry, a concern for pressing social problems, a great desire to live their lives purposefully, a passion for giving back to the community and the cultural competence needed to serve urban and diverse populations.
Diversity and Inclusion
At the School of Education & Human Development (SEHD), we believe strongly that all students-diverse in race, ethnicity, economic resources, language, fluency, abilities, geography, first-generation status, age, gender, and sexual identities-deserve the opportunity to learn. To advance our mission and meet the changing interests of our local and global communities, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion has been established to create positive momentum towards educational access, equity, and success.
The School of Education & Human Development is fully accredited by the Colorado Department of Education (CDE).
The School of Education & Human Development is fully accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Programs (CACREP) in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling.
The School of Education & Human Development is fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) in Marriage and Family Therapy.
The School of Education & Human Development is accredited on contingency by the American Psychological Association (APA) in School Psychology. We anticipate receiving full accreditation on or prior to the expiration date of April 15, 2023.
Programs Leading to Degrees, Licenses and Endorsements
The School of Education & Human Development offers three doctoral programs, one educational specialist degree, master’s degrees in seven program areas as well as undergraduate degrees with teacher licensure through a partnership with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. We offer a variety of endorsements and certificate programs as well. Students may pursue a variety of state licenses for teaching and school administration or may elect to earn these licenses without pursuing a graduate degree.
School of Education & Human Development Departments and Programs
- Couple, Marriage and Family Therapy, MA
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education, MA
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education MA with K-12 Endorsement
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education, MA with K-12 Endorsement & Bilingual Education Specialist Endorsement
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education, MA with Bilingual Education Specialist Endorsement
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education Endorsement: K-12
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Bilingual Education Specialist Endorsement
- Teaching for Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (TCLD) Certificate
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Doctoral Studies in Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Education Coaching Certificate
- Early Childhood Education, MA
- Early Childhood Education, MA Online Partnership with Boulder Journey School
- Early Childhood Education, MA Teacher Education Program Residency with Boulder Journey School
- Early Childhood Pedagogy Graduate Certificate
- Early Childhood Special Education Endorsement
- Early Childhood Special Education Initial Licensure
- Early Childhood Special Education Specialist Endorsement
- Leadership for Educational Organizations
- Leading for Education Organizations - Leading Change for Student Success in Higher Education, MA
- Leadership for Educational Organizations with Principal Licensure, EdS
- Leadership for Educational Organizations - Principal Licensure, MA
- Administrator License - Executive Leadership Program
- Principal Licensure
- Learning, Developmental and Family Sciences
- Learning Design and Technology
- Learning Design and Technology, MA
- Teacher Librarian Endorsement
- Leadership: P-12 Library Programs
- Digital Pedagogies and New Literacies Certificate
- Leadership for Learning Design and Technology Certificate
- Learner-centered Instructional Design Certificate
- Online Teaching and Learning Certificate
- Prosocial Leader Graduate Certificate
- Research and Evaluation Methods
- Responsive Literacy Education
- School Psychology
- Special Education
- STEM Education
- Mathematics Education, MSEd
- STEM Education with a concentration in Mathematics Education, MA
- STEM Education with a concentration in Math and Science Education, MA
- STEM Education with a concentration in Science Education, MA
- Middle School Math Endorsement
- Mathematical Content Knowledge for Teaching, Graduate Certificate
- Teacher Education