2022-2023 Academic Catalog

Print Options


Auditing Courses and No Credit Registration

A student my not audit courses at the Anschutz Medical Campus.  Instead, a student who has been officially accepted may register in a course for no credit and pay the appropriate tuition and fees.  Students must indicate no credit registration at the time of registration or during the drop/add period.

"Request for No Credit" forms are available through the Registrar's Office website.  

Canceled Classes

Courses listed in the schedule of courses are those currently offered by the schools, college and programs at Anschutz Medical Campus.  The Anschutz Medical Campus reserves the right to cancel, postpone, divide, change the time of, and combine scheduled classes, and/or change professors.  Students enrolled in classes which are canceled will have the opportunity to add another class.

Intercampus Registration

A degree-seeking student may enroll for 2 courses or 6 semester hours (whichever is greater) at the CU Colorado Springs campus and the CU Boulder campus with the approval of the student's academic dean or designate.  Tuition and fees will be assessed at the student's home campus rate; however, the student must be enrolled for at least one course the entire semester on the home campus. 

Intercampus registration forms must be obtained from the Registrar website. Once completed, the forms are to be taken to the Student's school/program for the appropriate approval and signature, and returned to the Registrar's Office.  Students may register concurrently during the drop/add period period of the host campus.  Questions concerning concurrent registration may be directed to the Registrar's Office at 303-724-8000.

Northern Colorado Exchange Agreement

The University of Colorado in conjunction with Colorado School of Mines, Colorado State University, and the University of Northern Colorado have a reciprocal agreement by which students may take courses at participating institutions which are not offered at their home institutions.  For further information, please contact the Registrar's Office by email at registrar@cuanschutz.edu.

Schedule Changes

dropping courses

Students are permitted to drop courses during the first 10 class days of the fall and spring terms.  Students are permitted to drop courses during the first 5 days of the summer term.  Dropped courses will not appear on the student's transcript.

withdrawing from courses

After the fifth (summer) or tenth (fall, spring) day of the term, courses can no longer be dropped.  A student can withdraw from individual courses by completing a course withdrawal form. Both the instructor and the appropriate school/college/program signatures are required on the form.  Tuition will not be refunded, even if the withdrawal is allowed.  A grade of "W" will appear on the transcript.  In order to receive any type of tuition adjustment, the student will need to go through a formal appeals process with their school/college/program.

withdrawing completely from the semester

Financial aid recipients who are withdrawing completely (dropping all classes) for a particular term should contact the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office (FASO) prior to withdrawing. 

adding courses

Students normally may add courses to their original registration during the first ten (10) days of the fall and spring semesters and during the first five (5) days of the summer term, provided there is space available and subject to the rules of the school/college/program offering the course. 

Students receiving VA benefits must report any change in schedule to the veteran's representative in the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office (FASO).

Tuition Assistance Benefit

Tuition Assistance Benefit (TAB) can be used by employees, or may be transferred to dependent(s).  Employees must fill out a Tuition Assistance Benefit application each semester they intend to utilize it for themselves or their dependents. Employees must decide who will use the benefit for each academic year, which runs from fall to summer.

  • At CU Anschutz, only Nursing, Public Health and Graduate School courses are eligible for the benefit
  • The student is responsible for submitting the Student Insurance Waiver if they're covered by other insurance.
  • Employees may register up to seven (7) days prior to the start of the semester or the first day of their desired class, whichever is earlier.

For more information on how to apply to TAB, guidelines, and process, please visit the TAB website https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness/current-employee/tuition-assistance