Computer Engineering Minor
Please click here to see electrical engineering department information.
The minor in computer engineering provides an opportunity to gain a more in-depth knowledge of computing technology, programming digital hardware, interfacing digital hardware, internet of things, microcontrollers and microprocessors, sensor technology, as well as computer vision and image processing. The calculus sequence required for most engineering programs is not a prerequisite for the computer engineering minor.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- Click here to go to information about declaring a major/minor.
- Contact the Department of Electrical Engineering for a Computer Engineering Minor Coursework form.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students must meet all prerequisites for all ELEC courses taken.
- The minimum GPA is 2.0 with no individual course grade below C-
- The student's application is subject to department approval.
- Students may apply minor courses toward their major when applicable.
|ELEC 1510||Digital Logic||3|
|or CSCI 1510||Logic Design|
|ELEC 1520||Programming for Electrical Engineers||3|
|ELEC 2520||Embedded Systems||3|
|ELEC 2531||Logic Laboratory||1|
|Select at least one of the following:||3|
|Intelligent Systems: IoT & Cyber-Physical Systems|
|Computer Vision & Image Processing Acceleration|
|Special Topics 1|
If related to computer engineering and with approval by the electrical engineering department chair