Please click here to see Geography and Environmental Sciences department information.
These program requirements are subject to periodic revision by the academic department, and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences reserves the right to make exceptions and substitutions as judged necessary in individual cases. Therefore, the College strongly urges students to consult regularly with their major, minor and CLAS advisors to confirm the best plans of study before finalizing them.
- This is an on-campus or online program.
Declaring This Minor
- Please see your advisor.
- Please click here to go to information about declaring a major/minor.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students must complete a minimum of 15 GEOG credit hours.
- Students must complete a minimum of nine upper-division (3000- level and above) GEOG credit hours.
- Students must earn a minimum grade of C- (1.7) in all courses that apply to the minor and must achieve a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0. All graded attempts in required and elective courses are calculated in the minor GPA. Courses taken using P+/P/F or S/U grading cannot apply to minor requirements.
- Students must complete a minimum of nine GEOG credit hours with CU Denver faculty.
Program Restrictions, Allowances and Recommendations
- The minor is flexible and does not have core requirements. A student can elect to take any GEOG courses as long as they are not being used to fulfill requirements in another degree program in the department.
- Undergraduate students may count up to three credit hours of independent study (GEOG 3840 Independent Study: GEOG, GEOG 4840 Independent Study: GEOG, GEOG 4880 Directed Research/GEOL 3840 Independent Study: GEOL, GEOG 4840 Independent Study: GEOG, GEOG 4880 Directed Research) towards elective credit in the minor as approved by the undergraduate advisor.
- Students may not double-count courses for the Geography minor and another degree program in the department, the Sustainability Minor, or the GISci Certificate.
|Take any 15 credit hours of GEOG courses as long as they are not being used to fulfill requirements in another degree program in the department.
|A minimum of nine credit hours must be 3000 or 4000 level.
To learn more about the Student Learning Outcomes for this program, please visit our website.