Applicants seeking admission to CU Denver’s graduate programs should apply online at https://graduateschool.ucdenver.edu/admissions/prospective-students
International applicants should refer to the Information for International Students section of the catalog for more information regarding specific application instructions and requirements.
If applying to more than one program, you must submit a complete application and separate fee to each program.
Students transferring from another University of Colorado campus to the Denver Campus must apply and be accepted by the program on this campus.
A student who has completed a master’s program at CU Denver must resubmit an online graduate application for acceptance into a doctoral program.
An applicant for admission must present:
- Submitted online application
- Official transcripts for all academic work in colleges and universities completed to date.
- Three letters of reference. The online application will automatically send recommendation forms to the recommenders indicated on the application.
- A nonrefundable application fee of $50 for domestic students or $75 for international students. No application will be processed until this fee is paid.
- Any other material required specifically by the program faculty. This may include scores from the GRE or other examination (GRE School code 4875). Check with program coordinators in the departments for additional information that may be required.
Check with the program for the deadline for submitting the application.
Students who wish to apply for a graduate student award (e.g., fellowship, scholarship, assistantship) should contact their department before the application deadline for information, since deadlines are usually earlier for aid requests than for admission.