Please click here to see general Film & Television Department information.
This minor gives students a hands-on experience in both production and post-production, providing a foundation of basic skills and procedures in the film and television industry.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- To declare this minor, please see College of Arts & Media Advising and Student Services in Arts Building, 177. Consult the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for more information.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students may transfer up to six semester hours of non-CU Denver courses toward a minor. All other courses must be taken at CU Denver.
- A minimum grade of C (2.0) is required for each course applied toward a College of Arts & Media major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of C- (1.7) or lower will not fulfill a major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of P is acceptable for courses in which the only grade available is Pass or Fail.
- Students may use up to six semester hours to fulfill both major and minor requirements; the remaining semester hours for the minor must be taken in addition to the major requirements.
|Take all of the following Film and Television Production Minor courses:|
|FITV 1035||Introduction to Filmmaking||3|
|FITV 1040||Lighting, Grip, and Sound Introductory Workshop||3|
|FITV 2050||Production II Film and Television Techniques||3|
|Take two of the following Film and Television Production Minor courses:||6|
|Editing and Post Production Techniques|
|Acting for Film and Television|
|Live TV Multi-camera Directing|
Please contact the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for course sequencing, any prerequisite updates and for more information about this minor.