Please click here to see Economics department information.
These program requirements are subject to periodic revision by the academic department, and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences reserves the right to make exceptions and substitutions as judged necessary in individual cases. Therefore, the College strongly urges students to consult regularly with their major, minor and CLAS advisors to confirm the best plans of study before finalizing them.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- Please see your advisor.
- Click here to go to information about declaring a major/minor.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students must complete a minimum of 15 ECON credit hours.
- Students must complete a minimum of nine upper division (3000-level and above) ECON credit hours.
- Students must earn a minimum grade of C-(1.7) in all courses that apply to the minor and must achieve a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0. All graded attempts in required and elective courses are calculated in the minor GPA. Courses taken using P+/P/F or S/U grading cannot apply to minor requirements.
- Students must complete a minimum of nine ECON credit hours with CU Denver faculty.
Program Restrictions, Allowances and Recommendations
- At least two of the upper division courses must not overlap with courses for the student's major program.
- All courses other than ECON 2012 Principles of Economics: Macroeconomics and ECON 2022 Principles of Economics: Microeconomics require written department approval to be transferred in as satisfying minor requirements.
|Complete the following required courses:||6|
|Principles of Economics: Macroeconomics|
|Principles of Economics: Microeconomics|
|Complete nine credit hours from upper-division (3000 level or higher) ECON electives.||9|
To learn more about the Student Learning Outcomes for this program, please visit our website.