Please click here to see Business School information.
Students in other undergraduate schools and colleges at CU Denver wishing to complete the Finance minor need to complete the course work described below.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- To declare the Finance minor, students must have a 3.0 GPA, either cumulative or from their last 24 completed semester hours.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students must maintain or exceed a 2.0 GPA to graduate with the minor.
- A student must take 12 of the 15 hours of required business courses in the minor while in residence at the University of Colorado Denver. If a student has already taken the equivalent of one or more of these courses at another university, other higher-level business courses may be substituted with the approval of the Business School.
- Students must have declared the Finance minor to register for any of the upper-division FNCE courses or petition separately to take each of these courses.
|Required Prerequisite and Proficiency Courses|
|MATH 1060||Finite Mathematics 1||3|
|ECON 2012||Principles of Economics: Macroeconomics||3|
|ECON 2022||Principles of Economics: Microeconomics||3|
|BANA 2010||Business Statistics 2||3|
|ACCT 2200||Financial Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis||3|
|FNCE 3000||Principles of Finance||3|
|Select three of the following:||9|
|Management of Business Capital|
|Financial Markets and Institutions|
|Investment and Portfolio Management|
|International Financial Management|
|Corporate Financial Decisions|
FNCE Elective 3
Talk to an advisor about substituting a higher-level math.
Can be from list above or any other upper-division FNCE course.