Graduation Application Deadlines
A student planning to graduate must submit and application for graduation to the Registrar's Office according to the schedules below. The application for graduation is available through the student's portal.
- August 2023 Candidates: Graduation application due Friday, June 9, 2023
- December 2023 Candidates: Graduation application due Friday, September 8, 2023
- Spring 2024 Candidates: Graduation application due February 2, 2024
Make an appointment with your assigned advisor in your school or college to verify graduation requirements and to make sure you'll meet them by the end of the semester.
- College of Nursing
- Colorado School of Public Health
- The Graduate School
- School of Dental Medicine
- School of Medicine
- Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Once you have verified that you're on track to graduate, use your UCDAccess student portal to apply for graduation:
- Once logged in, click on Academics under your Student Center.
- Click Apply for Graduation
Please note: Your Intent to Graduate Form needs to be submitted between the first day of school and the last day to drop/add classes of the term you intend to graduate.
Degree Conferral Dates
- Summer 2023: August 18, 2023
- Fall 2023: December 15, 2023
- Spring 2024: May 17, 2024
Please note that the Conferral Date (official date of completion) may not be the same as the Commencement Ceremony.
Important Notes Regarding Diplomas and Graduation
Watch for information concerning transcripts, diplomas, Commencement, etc., via email through your CU Anschutz account following the acceptance of your graduation application.
- Diplomas for degrees conferred at the Anschutz Medical Campus are automatically mailed out to the diploma address in the student's record.
- Diplomas will be awarded to approved candidates for degrees at the annual commencement ceremonies for students at the Anschutz Medical Campus or after official degree awarding dates as approved by the Board of Regents.
Diplomas that have been lost, stolen, or damaged may be replaced by sending a signed, written request to the Office of the Registrar stating the reason for replacement. There is a $40 replacement fee for PhD, MS, MPAS, and BS diplomas. The replacement fee for DDS, DNP, DPT, MD, and PharmD diplomas is $70.
Payment must be made by check or money order, made payable to the University of Colorado. (Credit cards are not currently accepted.)
Want to Participate in the Commencement Ceremony?
If your application to graduate is approved, you are eligible to walk in the Commencement ceremony. CU Anschutz conducts a spring and fall ceremony each year. Not all programs participate in both. Please check with your program for information about when it recognizes its graduates. Participation in commencement exercises is optional and requires a separate registration and regalia ordering process. Registration typically opens in February for the spring commencement and in October for the fall ceremony. Additional information and registration links can be found on the Commencement website.