Please click here to see Communication department information.
Knowledge in most professional settings means little unless it can be communicated effectively. The minor in communication is designed to provide students who are not communication majors with knowledge and skills in communication that are useful in any discipline or profession.
These program requirements are subject to periodic revision by the academic department, and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences reserves the right to make exceptions and substitutions as judged necessary in individual cases. Therefore, the College strongly urges students to consult regularly with their major, minor and CLAS advisors to confirm the best plans of study before finalizing them.
- Communication Department courses are offered in a variety of formats, including 8 and 16 week online classes and in person classes. Not all classes are offered in all formats. Talk to a major advisor for more information.
Declaring This Minor
- Please see your CLAS advisor.
- Click here to go to information about declaring a major/minor.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 COMM credit hours (six courses).
- Students must complete a minimum of six upper-division (3000-level and above) COMM credit hours.
- Students must earn a minimum grade of C- (1.7) in all courses that apply to the minor and must achieve a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0. All graded attempts in required and elective courses are calculated in the minor GPA. Courses taken using P+/P/F or S/U grading cannot apply to minor requirements.
- Students must complete a minimum of nine COMM credit hours with CU Denver faculty.
|Complete the following courses:||12|
|Presentations and Civic Life|
or COMM 2050
|Communication and Communities|
|Introduction to Media Studies|
|Communication, Citizenship, and Social Justice|
|Complete a minimum of two upper-division (3000 level or above) elective COMM courses.||6|
To learn more about the Student Learning Outcomes for this program, please visit our website.