The Office of Research Education (ORE) is the home of 1 umbrella-admitting program:
and 12 PhD-granting programs:
- Cancer Biology
- Cell Biology, Stem Cells & Developmental Biology
- Computational Bioscience
- Human Medical Genetics & Genomics
- Integrated Physiology
- Molecular Biology
- Rehabilitation Sciences
- Structural Biology & Biochemistry
ORE aligns within the School of Medicine and collaborates with the MD and the dual degree MD/PhD Program.
Students in the Biomedical PhD programs receive the education and support to conduct innovative biomedical research. The PhD programs provide training in a wide variety of essential skills, including oral and written communication, leadership, and personal and professional integrity. The diverse, inclusive, and safe environment, fostered by the School of Medicine and Anschutz Medical Campus, supports the holistic training provided by our programs that prepares one for a wide range of career opportunities.
- Biomedical Sciences
- Cancer Biology (PhD)
- Cell Biology, Stem Cells & Development (PhD)
- Computational Bioscience (PhD)
- Human Medical Genetics & Genomics (PhD)
- Immunology (PhD)
- Integrated Physiology (PhD)
- Medical Scientist Training Program (MD/PhD)
- Microbiology (PhD)
- Molecular Biology (PhD)
- Neuroscience (PhD)
- Pharmacology (PhD)
- Rehabilitation Science (PhD)
- Structural Biology & Biochemistry (PhD)
The 13 Biomedical PhD programs of The Office of Research Education in the School of Medicine collaborates to achieve a tripartite mission:
- To train excellent and diverse PhD graduate students in the critical thinking, research design and methods required for impactful biomedical research.
- To provide an intellectual center that enriches and furthers the curiosity that draws students and faculty to scientific research, innovation, education and communication.
- To foster strong scientific interactions between the basic science and clinical/translation research communities on our campus and across the nation to advance fundamental discoveries and improve health.
Associate Dean of Research Education
Angeles Ribera, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistant Dean of Student Affairs
Andrew Bradford, PhD (email@example.com)
Business Services Program Director
Jodi Cropper (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Business Services Manager
Kenton Owsley (email@example.com)
Business Services Sr. Professional
Margo Waite (firstname.lastname@example.org)