2024-2025 Academic Catalog

Print Options

Student Employment

Types of Employment

Work-Study is a need-based award offered by the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office, making it easier for students with financial need to find a part-time job and earn money to help pay for educational expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the recipient's course of study. Work-Study positions are funded solely by the work-study award through your financial aid package. To be eligible, all students must:

Stud​ent Hourly positions are on-campus positions funded by a university department’s budget. Work-study and/or financial aid is not required for this type of employment. All hourly students must be enrolled in some credit-earning capacity during the semester in which you are employed.

Regular Hourly positions are offered by businesses in the surrounding community, and are not affiliated with the university. Work-study and/or financial aid is not required for this type of employment. All students, regardless of enrollment or financial need, may apply for these positions.

Student Employment Policies

After gaining employment, it is the sole responsibility of every student employee (work-study & hourly, on or off-campus) to read and understand both the Student Employment Policy and Student Employee Information and Policy sections of the Student Handbook​ at https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider41/student-employment/student_hourly_employment_handbook.pdf?sfvrsn=8e3963ba_6

If a student employee does not understand or has questions regarding any portion of the Handbook, please talk with a department supervisor or contact the Student Employment Office at: StudentEmployment@ucdenver.edu or (303) 315-1842.

Please visit our Student Employment website at https://www.cuanschutz.edu/student-finances/student-employment for additional information.