Please click here to see general Film & Television Department information.
Students in this minor will receive an introductory education and practical experience in the art of on-camera performance. Through guidance from faculty, students will be instructed on methods of acting for various types of film and television projects. This will include fiction, non-fiction, voice work and understanding on how an actor works with directors, camera crews, and audio personnel. Students may also have opportunities to perform in student film productions produced within the department.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- To declare this minor, please see College of Arts & Media Advising and Student Services in Arts Building, 177. Consult the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for more information.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students may transfer up to six semester hours of non-CU Denver courses toward a minor. All other courses must be taken at CU Denver.
- A minimum grade of C (2.0) is required for each course applied toward a College of Arts & Media major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of C- (1.7) or lower will not fulfill a major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of S is acceptable only for courses in which the grading basis is S/U. No more than 6 semester hours of P+/P/F is allowed in any given semester. No more than 12 semester hours may be elected as P+/P/F toward the degree.
- Students may use up to six semester hours to fulfill both major and minor requirements; the remaining semester hours for the minor must be taken in addition to the major requirements.
|Take all of the following:|
|FITV 2220||Acting for Film and Television||3|
|FITV 3220||Advanced Acting Workshop for Film and Television||3|
|FITV 3570||Directing for Film and Television||3|
|FITV 4200||Advanced Acting & Directing Workshop||3|
|FITV 4400||Acting for Film and TV Practicum||3|
Please contact the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for course sequencing, any prerequisite updates and for more information about this minor.