Computer Science Minor
Please click here to see Computer Science department information.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers a minor in computer science. The requirements for the minor are listed below.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- Click here to go to information about declaring a major/minor.
- To declare the computer science minor, students must complete and send a Minor Declaration Form to the engineering dean's office. Once declared, students are required to meet with a computer science advisor to complete the computer science minor coursework form. The Computer Science Minor declaration must be completed to register for 3000-level courses.
- For more information or an advising appointment, contact the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at 303-315-1408 or visit the Lawrence Street Center (1380 Lawrence Street), suite 800.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Any undergraduate student currently enrolled in a CU Denver degree program with a major other than computer science or cybersecurity may earn a minor in computer science.
- A Computer Science Minor plan of study must be completed and approved by a computer science advisor.
- A student must fulﬁll all prerequisites for the courses they select. See the catalog course descriptions for prerequisite information for each course.
- All courses taken for the minor must have a CSCI prefix and be taught by a computer science faculty member.
- All courses taken for the minor must be completed with a C- or better with a 2.0 GPA average for all eight courses.
|MATH 1401||Calculus I||4|
|CSCI 1410||Fundamentals of Computing||3|
|CSCI 1411||Fundamentals of Computing Laboratory||1|
|CSCI 2312||Object Oriented Programming||3|
|CSCI 2421||Data Structures and Program Design||3|
|Four additional CSCI courses 1||12|
One of which may be at the 2000 level. All others must be at the 3000-level or higher.