Please click here to see general Visual Arts information.
The art history minor familiarizes students with the principal traditions of art history and includes a selection of lecture courses in advanced studies. This program provides a strong introduction to historical developments while developing analytical skills in research, writing and visual culture.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- To declare this minor, please see College of Arts & Media Advising and Student Services in Arts Building, 177. Please consult the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for more information.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students may transfer up to six semester hours of non-CU Denver courses toward a College of Arts & Media minor. All other courses must be taken at CU Denver.
- A minimum grade of C (2.0) is required for each course applied toward a College of Arts & Media major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of C- (1.7) or lower will not fulfill a major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of S is acceptable only for courses in which the grading basis is S/U. No more than 6 semester hours of P+/P/F is allowed in any given semester. No more than 12 semester hours may be elected as P+/P/F toward the degree.
- Students may use up to six semester hours to fulfill both major and minor requirements; the remaining semester hours for the minor must be taken in addition to the major requirements.
|Take all of the following Art History Minor courses:|
|FINE 2600||Art History Survey I||3|
|FINE 2610||Art History Survey II||3|
|Take nine semester hours of upper-division (3000/4000-level) Art History electives.||9|
Please contact the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for course sequencing, any prerequisite updates and for lists of approved electives and more information about this minor.