Please click here to see general Music & Entertainment Industry Studies information.
The general music minor offers students the opportunity to gain an informed understanding of the field of music performance, its language and history. Courses cover applied lessons on a specific instrument and/or voice, music theory, ear training and general recital. Students will also take courses that deal with the function and operation of the music industry, including an introduction to the music business, audio production, and music in culture
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Major
- To declare this minor, please see College of Arts & Media Advising and Student Services in Arts Building, 177. Consult the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for more information.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students may transfer up to six semester hours of non-CU Denver courses toward a College of Arts & Media minor. All other courses must be taken at CU Denver.
- A minimum grade of C (2.0) is required for each course applied toward a College of Arts & Media major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of C- (1.7) or lower will not fulfill a major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of P is acceptable for courses in which the only grade available is Pass or Fail.
- Students may use up to six semester hours to fulfill both major and minor requirements; the remaining semester hours for the minor must be taken in addition to the major requirements. Contact the Music Department at MEIS.Dept@ucdenver.edu for more information on the minor.
|Take all of the following General Music Minor Required courses (17 semester hours/8 courses total):|
|PMUS 1105||Music Theory I||3|
|PMUS 1115||Ear Training and Sight Singing I||1|
|PMUS 1901 - 1923||Applied Lessons||1|
|PMUS 1500||General Recital||1|
|MUSC 2750||Introduction to Music Business||3|
|MUSC 1540||Introduction to Audio Production||3|
|Take one of the following courses:||1|
|Piano Class For Non-Majors|
|Class Guitar I for Non-Majors|
|Take one of the following courses:||3|
|Introduction to Songwriting|
|Music in Culture|