Please click here to see general Visual Arts information
The illustration minor is designed for students interested in broadening their visual communication skills and obtaining an introductory understanding of what is involved in the production of client-driven visual work. Undergraduates explore digital as well as hand-produced techniques and gain a basis for combining the two in a seamless manner in rendered illustrative works. This minor allows students to complement their major area of study with professionally effective visual communication skills.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- To declare this minor, please see College of Arts & Media Advising and Student Services in Arts Building, 177. Consult the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for more information.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students may transfer up to six semester hours of non-CU Denver courses toward a College of Arts & Media minor. All other courses must be taken at CU Denver.
- A minimum grade of C (2.0) is required for each course applied toward a College of Arts & Media major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of C- (1.7) or lower will not fulfill a major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of P is acceptable for courses in which the only grade available is Pass or Fail.
- Students may use up to six semester hours to fulfill both major and minor requirements; the remaining semester hours for the minor must be taken in addition to the major requirements.
|Take all of the following Illustration Minor courses:|
|FINE 1100||Drawing I||3|
|FINE 1400||Two Dimensional Design||3|
|FINE 2405||Introduction to Digital Design||3|
|FINE 3010||Illustration I: Image Making||3|
|Select two of the following Illustration Minor electives:||6|
|The Graphic Novel Workshop|
|Painting, Drawing and the Printed Image|
|Illustration II: Digital Media|
|The Business of Art|
Please contact the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for course sequencing, any prerequisite updates and for more information about this minor.