Please click here to see Integrative Biology department information.
These program requirements are subject to periodic revision by the academic department, and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences reserves the right to make exceptions and substitutions as judged necessary in individual cases. Therefore, the College strongly urges students to consult regularly with their major, minor and CLAS advisors to confirm the best plans of study before finalizing them.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- Please see your CLAS advisor.
- Click here to go to information about declaring a major/minor.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students must complete a minimum of 27 credit hours, including a minimum of 18 BIOL credit hours and nine credit hours in approved ancillary coursework.
- Students must complete a minimum of nine upper-division (3000-level and above) BIOL credit hours.
- Students must earn a minimum grade of C- (1.7) in all courses that apply to the minor and must achieve a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0. All graded attempts in required and elective courses are calculated in the minor GPA. Students cannot complete minor or ancillary course requirements using P+/P/F or S/U grading.
- Students must complete a minimum of nine upper division level BIOL credit hours with CU Denver faculty.
Program Restrictions, Allowances and Recommendations
- Upper division BIOL courses more than ten years old will not count automatically to the Minor, but can be evaluated individually for their current relevance to the degree program through a petition process with the Department of Integrative Biology Curriculum Committee. Approval for courses older than ten years is not guaranteed so students may be required to update their knowledge by taking additional courses when past courses are outdated.
|Complete the following required courses:||8|
|Organisms to Ecosystems (Gen Bio)|
or BIOL 2030
|Honors Organisms to Ecosystems (Gen Bio)|
|Organisms to Ecosystems Lab (Gen Bio)|
or BIOL 2031
|Honors Organisms to Ecosystems Lab (Gen Bio)|
|Molecules to Cells (Gen Bio)|
or BIOL 2040
|Honors Molecules to Cells (Gen Bio)|
|Molecules to Cells Lab (Gen Bio)|
or BIOL 2041
|Honors Molecules to Cells Lab (Gen Bio)|
|Complete a minimum of six credits from the following upper division level BIOL courses:||6|
|Principles of Ecology|
|Introduction to Evolution|
|General Cell Biology|
|Complete a minimum of four credits from at least two upper division (3000 level or higher) BIOL elective courses. At least one of the courses must be from the following approved list: 1||4|
|Advanced Special Topics with Lab|
|Cell Biology Laboratory|
|General Microbiology Lab|
|Molecular Biology Laboratory|
|Plant Structure and Development|
|Flora of Colorado|
|Advanced Human Anatomy Laboratory|
|Complete all of the following ancillary course requirements:||9|
|General Chemistry I|
or CHEM 2081
|Honors General Chemistry I|
|General Chemistry Laboratory I|
or CHEM 2039
|Majors General Chemistry I Laboratory|
or CHEM 2088
|Honors General Chemistry I Laboratory|
|General Chemistry II|
or CHEM 2091
|Honors General Chemistry II Lecture|
|General Chemistry Laboratory II|
or CHEM 2069
|Majors General Chemistry II Laboratory|
or CHEM 2098
|Honors General Chemistry II Laboratory|
Note: BIOL 3020 Practical Laboratory Skills will not satisfy the upper division level elective requirement.
To learn more about the Student Learning Outcomes for this program, please visit our website.