Please click here to see Integrative Biology department information.
These degree requirements are subject to periodic revision by the academic department, and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences reserves the right to make exceptions and substitutions as judged necessary in individual cases. Therefore, the College strongly urges students to consult regularly with their major advisor and CLAS advisor to confirm the best plans of study before finalizing them.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- Please see your CLAS advisor.
- Click here to go to information about declaring a major/minor.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Students must complete a minimum of 27 credit hours, including a minimum of 18 BIOL credit hours and 9 credit hours in ancillary coursework.
- Students must complete a minimum of 9 upper-division (3000-level and above) BIOL credit hours.
- Students must earn a minimum grade of C- (1.7) in all minor courses taken at CU Denver and must achieve a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0. All graded attempts in required and elective courses are calculated in the minor GPA. Students cannot complete minor or ancillary course requirements as pass/fail.
- Students must complete a minimum of 9 upper division level BIOL credit hours with CU Denver faculty.
Program Restrictions, Allowances and Recommendations
- All upper-division biology courses applied to the undergraduate biology major must be completed within 10 years of graduation.
|Take all of the following||8|
|BIOL 2010||Organisms to Ecosystems (Gen Bio)||3|
|or BIOL 2030||Honors Organisms to Ecosystems (Gen Bio)|
|BIOL 2011||Organisms to Ecosystems Lab (Gen Bio)||1|
|or BIOL 2031||Honors Organisms to Ecosystems Lab (Gen Bio)|
|BIOL 2020||Molecules to Cells (Gen Bio)||3|
|or BIOL 2040||Honors Molecules to Cells (Gen Bio)|
|BIOL 2021||Molecules to Cells Lab (Gen Bio)||1|
|or BIOL 2041||Honors Molecules to Cells Lab (Gen Bio)|
|Take two of the following||6|
|BIOL 3411||Principles of Ecology||3|
|BIOL 3445||Introduction to Evolution||3|
|BIOL 3611||General Cell Biology||3|
|BIOL 3832||General Genetics||3|
Upper Division Biology Electives
|Take at least two upper division level Biology courses (3000 or higher), including at least one of the following labs 1||4|
|BIOL 3137||Advanced Special Topics with Lab||1-15|
|BIOL 3225||Human Physiology||4|
|BIOL 3244||Human Anatomy||5|
|BIOL 3413||Ecology Laboratory||2|
|BIOL 3612||Cell Biology Laboratory||3|
|BIOL 3654||General Microbiology||5|
|BIOL 4125||Molecular Biology Laboratory||3|
|BIOL 4335||Plant Science||4|
|BIOL 4345||Flora of Colorado||4|
|BIOL 4644||Advanced Human Anatomy Laboratory||2|
|BIOL 4910||Field Studies||3|
BIOL 3020 Practical Laboratory Skills will not satisfy this requirement.
Ancillary Course Requirements
|Take all of the following||9|
|CHEM 2031||General Chemistry I||3|
|or CHEM 2081||Honors General Chemistry I|
|CHEM 2038||General Chemistry Laboratory I||1|
|or CHEM 2088||Honors General Chemistry I Laboratory|
|CHEM 2061||General Chemistry II||3|
|or CHEM 2091||Honors General Chemistry II Lecture|
|CHEM 2068||General Chemistry Laboratory II||2|
|or CHEM 2098||Honors General Chemistry II Laboratory|
To learn more about the Student Learning Outcomes for this program, please visit our website.