Mission, Vision, Values
In 2007 a taskforce comprised of multiple constituents from across both the Health Sciences Center and Denver campus derived the mission vision values of the newly consolidated campus. These statements were subsequently approved by the University of Colorado Board of Regents in 2008.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a diverse teaching and learning community that creates, discovers and applies knowledge to improve the health and well-being of Colorado and the world.
By 2020, University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus will be a leading public university with a global reputation for excellence in learning, research and creativity, community engagement and clinical care.
To be a university greater than the sum of its parts, University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus embraces excellence in:
- Learning and Scholarship The university respects academic freedom and the rigorous quest for knowledge and understanding. We share knowledge and foster student success through a continuous process of inquiry, critical thinking, reflection, collaboration and application.
- Discovery and Innovation The university fosters an energetic, collaborative and creative environment where we develop and employ new ideas and technologies. Our entrepreneurial culture enables us to expand the frontiers of knowledge and human experience.
- Health and Care of Mind, Body and Community The university enriches the well-being and sustainability of communities and our cultural, living and natural environments. We promote healthy lifestyles, prevent, diagnose and treat disease and deliver high-quality and compassionate health care.
- Diversity, Respect and Inclusiveness The university seeks the richness that an increasing diversity of our communities brings to our learning, research and service endeavors. Our common humanity leads us to create an inclusive and respectful ethos characterized by caring, empathy, compassion, nurturing, collegiality and mentoring.
- Citizenship and Leadership The university serves Colorado and the world as a recognized source of talent, knowledge, informed judgment, exemplary health care and professional practice. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us and utilize them with integrity for the betterment of our community.