Please click here to see general Visual Arts information.
This general minor in studio art offers students the opportunity to explore creative studio practice in one or multiple areas (e.g., photography, transmedia sculpture, painting and drawing) along with an introduction to art history.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- To declare this minor, please see College of Arts & Media Advising and Student Services in Arts Building, 177. Consult the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for more information.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students may transfer up to six semester hours of non-CU Denver courses toward a College of Arts & Media minor. All other courses must be taken at CU Denver.
- A minimum grade of C (2.0) is required for each course applied toward a College of Arts & Media major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of C- (1.7) or lower will not fulfill a major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of P is acceptable for courses in which the only grade available is Pass or Fail.
- Students may use up to six semester hours to fulfill both major and minor requirements; the remaining semester hours for the minor must be taken in addition to the major requirements.
|Take two of the following Studio Art Minor courses:||6|
|Introduction to Darkroom Photography|
|Two Dimensional Design|
|Introduction to Digital Photography|
|Take six semester hours of Studio Arts electives.||6|
|Take three semester hours of upper-division Studio Arts elective.||3|
|Take three semester hours of Art History elective.||3|
Please contact the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for course sequencing, prerequisite updates and for lists of approved electives and more information about this minor.