Please click here to see School of Public Affairs information.
The minor in Emergency Management allows students to learn how emergency management aims to reduce the harmful effects of all hazards, including disasters. Public servants respond to emergencies but also focus on preparedness, mitigation, resilience, and recovery. Students will be prepared to apply this knowledge in careers with government and nonprofit agencies.
- All courses are offered on campus, online, and in remote and hybrid formats.
Declaring This Minor
- Please contact email@example.com.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the school offering the certificate.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies.
- The minor in Emergency Management requires 18 credit hours of coursework.
- Students must earn a minimum 2.0 cumulate GPA in this program.
- Students must earn a minimum 2.0 grade in each undergraduate course applied to satisfy the certificate requirements.
- This program must be completed within 3 years.
|PUAD 4010||Public Service in Emergency Management and Homeland Security||3|
|PUAD 4012||Principles of Emergency Management||3|
|GEOG 2202||Hazards to Disasters: Perception and Management||3|
|GEOG 4230||Hazard Mitigation and Vulnerability Assessment||3|
|Select two elective courses from the list below or select unlisted courses that have been approved in advance by the program director.|
|Introduction to Mapping and Map Analysis|
|Introduction to GIS|