Please click here to see general Visual Arts information.
The transmedia sculpture minor provides experiences that span digital practice, traditional metal casting, mold making, woodwork and fabrication processes. Students learn how to use a wide variety of equipment that encompass the breadth of sculpture today, from metal, wood and assembled sculpture, to installation and performance work, to live media and interactive digital work.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Minor
- To declare this minor, please see College of Arts & Media Advising and Student Services in Arts Building, 177. Consult the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for more information.
Students must satisfy all requirements as outlined below and by the department offering the minor.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- Students may transfer up to six semester hours of non-CU Denver courses toward a College of Arts & Media minor. All other courses must be taken at CU Denver.
- A minimum grade of C (2.0) is required for each course applied toward a College of Arts & Media major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of C- (1.7) or lower will not fulfill a major, minor or certificate requirement. A grade of P is acceptable for courses in which the only grade available is Pass or Fail.
- Students may use up to six semester hours to fulfill both major and minor requirements; the remaining semester hours for the minor must be taken in addition to the major requirements.
|Take all of the following Transmedia Sculpture Minor courses:|
|FINE 1500||Three-Dimensional Design||3|
|FINE 2500||Bronze Casting||3|
|FINE 2510||Wood and Metal Sculpture||3|
|Take three of the following Transmedia Sculpture Minor courses:||9|
|Mold Design & Casting|
|Concepts in Sculpture 1|
|Take three semester hours of Art History elective.||3|
Note that the FINE 3555 Concepts in Sculpture course encompasses rotating course topics and can be taken up to four times, each time with a different topic. These topics are as follows: Concepts in Sculpture-Modeling for Manufacture, Social Engagements, Iron Casting, Public and Environmental Art.
Please contact the College of Arts & Media at CAM@ucdenver.edu for course sequencing, any prerequisite updates and for more information about this minor.