Please click here to see Communication department information.
In keeping with worldwide transformations in information technology, media production, image consumption, message distribution, and norms of citizen engagement, the Department of Communication offers an Undergraduate Certificate in Strategic Communication (CSC).
Strategic Communication has been defined as the management function that entails planning, research, publicity, promotion and collaborative decision-making to help any organization’s ability to listen to, appreciate and respond appropriately to those persons and groups whose mutually beneficial relationships the organization needs to foster as it strives to achieve its mission and vision.
Beginning in the Fall of 2018, the CSC requires students to complete 12 semester hours (four courses) in a structured manner.
These requirements are subject to periodic revision by the academic department, and the College reserves the right to make exceptions and substitutions as judged necessary in individual cases. Therefore, the College strongly urges students to consult regularly with their major advisor and CLAS advisor to confirm the best plans of study before finalizing them.
- This is an on-campus or online program.
Declaring This Certificate
- Students should apply for the undergraduate certificate in Strategic Communication after the completion of the required courses.
- To apply, students must complete the certificate application (see the Communication Department website) and return it to Dr. Hamilton Bean in room 3010 of the Student Commons Building, or mail to Department of Communication; P.O. Box 173364, Campus Box 176; University of Colorado Denver; Denver, CO 80217-3364. The approved certificate is mailed to the student after final grades are posted for the semester.
- Students who are not already enrolled at CU Denver must also complete an Application for Non-Degree Admission prior to registering for courses. The form should be returned to the Office of Admissions.
Additional information about the undergraduate certificate in Strategic Communication may be obtained from Dr. Hamilton Bean, 303-315-1909, or Hamilton.Bean@ucdenver.edu.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies.