Please click here to see Communication Department information.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Health Communication (CHC) offers learners the opportunity to acquire and demonstrate expertise in health communication. The certificate program will provide students with a theoretically rich and practically relevant education in how health messages are generated, negotiated, assessed, and understood across a wide range of communication contexts, spanning intrapersonal communication to digital and mass media.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Health Communication serves as a gateway for internships and careers related to health, wellness, and medicine, and further the Communication Department’s mission to guide students toward developing the skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to use communication to create a more civil and humane world.
Beginning in the Fall of 2019, the CHC requires students to complete 15 semester hours (five courses) in a structured manner.
These requirements are subject to periodic revision by the academic department, and the College reserves the right to make exceptions and substitutions as judged necessary in individual cases. Therefore, the College strongly urges students to consult regularly with their major advisor and CLAS advisor to confirm the best plans of study before finalizing them.
- This is an on-campus and online program.
Declaring This Certificate
- Students should apply for the Undergraduate Certificate in Health Communication after the completion of the required courses.
- To apply, students must complete the certificate application (see the Communication Department website) and return it to Dr. Tamara Powell in room 3311 of the Student Commons Building, or mail to Department of Communication;
P.O. Box 173364, Campus Box 176; University of Colorado Denver; Denver, CO 80217-3364. The approved certificate is mailed to the student after final grades are posted for the semester.
- Students who are not already enrolled at CU Denver must also complete an Application for Non-Degree Admission prior to registering for courses. The form should be returned to the Office of Admissions.
Additional information about the undergraduate certificate in Health Communication may be obtained from Dr. Tamara Powell, Student Commons Building 3311, 303-315-0310, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here for information about Academic Policies