Sep 16, 2019
Please click here to see Health and Behavioral Sciences department information.
Please click here to see the overview of the Public Health undergraduate program.
Please click here to see the overview of the Masters in Public Health graduate program.
These degree requirements are subject to periodic revision by the academic department, and the College reserves the right to make exceptions and substitutions as judged necessary in individual cases. Therefore, the College strongly urges students to consult regularly with their major advisor and CLAS advisor to confirm the best plans of study before finalizing them.
PBHL Director: Jimi Adams, Associate Professor
Office: North Classroom 3018
CSPH Contact: Lori Crane, Associate Professor
Office: Bldg 500, Dean’s Suite, Room D
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Major
- Click here to go to information about declaring a major.
- To be eligible, students must be declared PBHL majors (BA or BS).
- Ideal candidates will have a GPA of 3.5 or higher, and will have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours toward their undergraduate PBHL degree including Introduction to Public Health (PBHL 2001), General Biology I with lab (BIOL 2051/2071) and General Biology II with lab (BIOL 2061/2081), each completed with grades of B+ or higher.
- Complete an application via SOPHAS (NOTE: GREs are not required). Students should apply by the January preferred deadline in their Sophomore or Junior year.
- Upon application, declare a provisional MPH concentration (NOTE: some concentrations may establish additional eligibility criteria).
To earn a degree, students must satisfy all requirements in each of the three areas below, in addition to their individual major requirements.
- Undergraduate degree requirements follow either the BA (found here ) or BS (found here ).
- Students in this program will be conferred both degrees (BA or BS, and MPH) simultaneously upon completion of all requirements.
- Each class must be completed with a grade of C- or higher to count towards the major, and students must maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA in the undergraduate major and MPH courses.
- The following are exceptions and/or substitutions that are applicable to the BA/BS requirements for students in the BA/BS - MPH program: