Please click here to see Computer Science department information.
Undergraduate computer science students at CU Denver are able to tailor their degree to their interests and goals. Students are exposed to the breadth of the field including machine learning & data science, computer graphics & game design, programming, software engineering, systems, scientific computing, secure computing, theory and cyber-physical systems.
The computer science bachelor of science program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The educational objectives of the computer science undergraduate program are to produce graduates who:
- Advance professionally as productive, practicing professionals in computer science and related careers through the continued development of their expertise and skills.
- Further develop their knowledge, skill set, and career opportunities through graduate education and/or professional studies.
- Function effectively as part of a team to succeed in their professional careers.
The BS-CS program must enable its students to attain, by the time of graduation:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Major
- Click here to go to information about declaring a major
To earn a degree, students must satisfy all requirements in each of the areas below, in addition to their individual major requirements.