2018-2019 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Accounting Major - BS in Business Administration with specialization in Information Systems
Please click here to see Business School information.
Accounting courses are offered in several fields of professional accountancy at the intermediate, advanced and graduate levels. They provide preparation for practice in one or more of the following fields:
- Public Accounting: auditing, consulting, and tax compliance and planning
- Accounting in Industry: all industries, including energy, financial, manufacturing, retail
- Accounting in Government and Nonprofits
- Academics: teaching and research in accounting areas of financial reporting, managerial accounting, auditing, accounting information systems, and taxation
In all of these fields a thorough knowledge of the social, legal, economic and political environment is needed. A high degree of analytical ability and communication skill is indispensable.
Courses in English composition, speech, ethics and logic are desirable. Courses in statistics and information systems, beyond the required business core courses, are highly recommended.
Within the Accounting curriculum students can specialize in Information Systems to compliment their individual interest.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Major
- Click here to go to information about declaring a major
To earn a degree, students must satisfy all requirements in each of the three areas below, in addition to their individual major requirements.