Apr 26, 2018
Please click here to see Computer Science department information.
The educational objectives of the computer science undergraduate program are to produce graduates who:
- Advance professionally as productive, practicing professionals in computer science and related careers through the continued development of their expertise and skills.
- Further develop their knowledge, skill set, and career opportunities through graduate education and/or professional studies.
- Function effectively as part of a team to succeed in their professional careers.
The BS-CS program must enable its students to attain, by the time of graduation:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice
- An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the trade-offs involved in design choices.
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
- This is an on-campus program.
Declaring This Major
- Click here to go to information about declaring a major
To earn a degree, students must satisfy all requirements in each of the areas below, in addition to their individual major requirements.
- Students must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA in all courses applying to major requirements.
- Students must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA in all CSCI courses attempted.