Jul 23, 2018
Please click here to see School of Public Affairs information.
The undergraduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management is designed to appeal to students with a background in any major, or non-degree students, who are interested in working in the nonprofit sector. Completion of the coursework requirements of the certificate and associated extracurricular field experiences allow the student to earn the additional credential of Certified Nonprofit Professional pursuant to standards and competencies set by the National Leadership Alliance.
The certificate is designed to allow students to demonstrate to potential employers that they have the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the nonprofit workplace. Competencies covered by the certificate include foundations and management of the nonprofit sector, cultural competence and diversity, and financial resource development, among others. In addition, students have the opportunity to gain real-world experience and connections through nonprofit internships and field experiences.
Additional information about the undergraduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management may be obtained by contacting Dr. Danielle Varda, Danielle.Varda@ucdenver.edu.
- This is an online program.
Declaring This Certificate
- Click here for information about Academic Policies
- An undergraduate certificate in Nonprofit Management requires 18 credit hours of coursework.
- All credit hours for the certificate much be completed at CU Denver. Transfer credits are not accepted.
- A minimum grade of ‘C’ must be earned in each undergraduate course applied to satisfy the certificate.
Take the following required courses:
- PUAD 3003 - Introduction to Nonprofit Organizations
- PUAD 3004 - Managing Nonprofit Organizations
- PUAD 4939 - Internship
Choose three additional courses from the following list of Nonprofit electives:
- PUAD 3005 - Collaboration Across Sectors
- PUAD 4004 - Building Public and Financial Support for Nonprofit Organizations
- PUAD 4007 - Nonprofit Human Resources: Governance, Staff, and Volunteer Management
- PUAD 4020 - Social Entrepreneurship
The following activities are required in addition to the above coursework courses:
- Attend the Alliance Management Institute (Conference)
- Through SPA’s partnerships with foundations, students may apply for funding to mitigate the costs of attending the conference.
The successful completion of all Nonprofit Management coursework in additional to the extracurricular activities stated above are required in order to earn the Certified Nonprofit Professional designation.